Monday, April 14, 2014

what direction should I take?

Life is all about decisions

What direction should I take on this blog thing is one of those decisions

I had a chat with a friend of mine and she was commenting on different personalities and said to me (unrelated to blog posting) that I was always wise enough to see two or three sides to any discussion or argument.

I was thinking that my additions to the cyberworld might be the stuff of provocation. Seeing who I could get to rise to the bait and start some sort of conflicting dialogue. A spam war maybe. That would generate traffic and then I could get the advertisers to put relevant ads of busty women inviting you to play their internet games of war and destruction.

I could be like Rush Limbaugh on his "stop Hillary" campaign (how did that work out for ya, Rushbo?) But I have more brains and less desire for cranial calcification.

I have seen a few of the random sites where folks have posted pictures of family and friends to share around. Kind of like a Facebook, but less public. A few have kind words or inspiration in ways not made up by the greeting card companies. Thank you, John Checki.

One friend posts pictures of insects. He bought a camera with a macro lens and finds the beauty in all the little things everyone overlooks every day. Walter Klockers, you also inspire me to look closely at what is around me.

I still have no idea what I'm going to do with this forum, because things change in my brain from day to day.

Hence the Random Thoughts from a Random Mind tagline.

When my dogs take me on our daily patrol around the neighborhood, flashes of brilliance streak across my brain. I have conversations with famous and powerful people and ideas for stories just begging to be written.

When we get back from the walk, there are treats to be given out, a spouse to be pampered, and other distractions. Those moments of cosmic shaking revelation fade rapidly. But as I sit here, I realize there are no readers of these comments, or very few, so my discussions and revelations will have no effect on the future of mankind.

In closing, I show a picture of my 19 month old granddaughter, Julia. She brings joy to my life when I get to see her. She knows whenever I come over to her house, we get our jackets on and go OUTSIDE. Where the world is. And all the things everyone else overlooks. She sees them as new stuff, and helps my ageing eyes and mind see them anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment