Saturday, April 19, 2014

out for delivery...

I can't believe my anticipation.

I ordered a new phone from a website in New York called cell2get.com last Monday. About twenty minutes later they called me and said my purchase was being shipped out as we spoke. They sent me Email confirmation and a tracking number as I requested. It was being sent at no additional cost via the Unite States Postal Service. USPS has a website, USPS.com, where I was able to enter the tracking number and see where the package was. They also have a service where their computer will send your texting cell phone an update of wherever it changes direction. This morning at 3:40 in the AM I was informed it was in Coppell, Texas and being sorted to be sent to Plano, where I live. It arrived at Plano at 8:43 to be sorted again.

The most recent text was it was "Out For Delivery" at 10:53 am.

So now I am like a little kid, waiting for Santa or the Easter Bunny or whatever childhood character you want to profess knowledge of.

About a year ago my wife decided for me that I needed a mobile communication device so she could find me when she needed me. I resisted because sometimes I just don't want to be found. But after a couple of health and other family emergencies, I am now aware that it is in my best interests to stay in touch with my partner of 42+ years.

I have had a stupid phone-the most basic of T-mobile phones-for the last year. After talking with my sons and interacting with the folks at work, I decided that I would jump both feet into the best technology I was willing to pay for. I read a bunch of reviews and asked a lot of questions. I decided that the Samsung Galaxy S4 was a very good phone for the price. I shopped prices and plans. When the Galaxy S5 was released, the S4 price dropped. So I made the commitment and ordered my chosen personal computer and communication device.

And now it is "Out For Delivery"

And I am excited

No comments:

Post a Comment