Sunday, March 16, 2014

travel thots

As I sit here in the Sacramento AMTRAK station typing away on my bloggy thing, I was reminded as I signed in to the free Wi-Fi, that all my inputs to the interwebs "could be visible to others". As I bounced around the various sites, mainly finding out I missed the Texas Lotto by six numbers, I avoided typing in any passwords or other dangerous personal data.

Then again, who really cares what I have to say anyway? The tracking bot on this bloggy thing says that 47 people have found their way to my ramblings. As I figured out in my last rant, most of those are probably random blog surfers, looking for weird stuff. My stuff may be a little strange, but it hasn't been weird enough to elicit any feedback or comments. I am pretty sure as well, that no one is interested enough to "follow" my spewing of words out into the great uncleansed world wide web.

Now as the warning suggests, using the unsecured server does put me at risk if I choose to carelessly share data that should be secured. ORRRRR, someone just might be forced into reading this bloggy thing even before it gets published. What an unnerving thought.
But
Over the next few days, I will be using unsecured servers all over the great Northwest. And in some places, I won't be able to make any connection at all. Not that any of THAT matters, because the only folks even looking at this are either blog surfers or hackers of the AMTRAK WiFi. Neither of which are folks I'm especially concerned about.

Be@Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment