well, BofA fixed the website! I can check balances and pay bills.
With all the scare tactics that the American press uses, the one I pay attention to is the hacking of bank accounts. Yes, I am concerned enough that I check the activity on our accountS at least every other day. My wife asked if I was checking up on her, and I replied that I wasn't checking up on her, but on the activity in her account. She has shopped at Target and was issued a new debit card because of that.
I also watch my investment accounts. I am within a few months of semi-retirement, and watch the value of my accounts. I am planning on leaving Home Depot, albeit temporarily, in July. My wife would like to travel to some exotic place like Paris or Grindelwald or Macchu Picchu. Maybe Alaska. I will be starting my Social Security collection (after contributing for the last 48 years) and will accompany her anywhere she would like to go. After we travel a bit, I will most likely go back to the orange box and work at least part time for the camaraderie and challenge of helping people who have no idea which end of a screwdriver to use. But after performing closing duties for the last three years, I will only work from 9 to 3, Monday through Friday.
Speaking of which, it's about time for me to log off and leave for said place now.
No comments:
Post a Comment