Friday, December 14, 2018

December thoughts

Since my last post was two months ago, I thought I would add a new one.

Besides, it is COLD and raining outside and I have to go to work in a few hours.

Mostly happy stuff. Daughter and her sons have come to Texas to visit from Korea. She initially stayed at my house, which meant I had some cleaning to do, but it was worth every minute of vacuuming, dusting and washing. Marek is now four and Rowan is three months, but wearing six months clothes as he is that big already. Marek and I have been goofing around, playing with Legos and other kid stuff. I have had the opportunity to feed and then change diapers on Rowan. Kyla is in the business of making different fudge recipes for her clientele in Korea and experimented with a couple here in Sherman. It's alll good.

Kathy finally moved into an apartment. She has been living in motels and going on various trips to keep herself occupied. She is slowly finding out all the shit I had been doing for her and not telling her. I just smile and nod when she mentions it.

Grandson JM2 had his tonsils out. and then that branch of the family all experienced some sort of bug. Good part is that they are all over it now and cousins can get together.

Aaron is about done with his drafting classwork. Now to find a job that can use what he has learned. He says he may have some leads.

My social circle is increasing. Well, not necessarily social circle, but I am meeting more people. Most of them I call "doctor" and they all seem to have "-ologist" in their title: cardiologist, pulmonologist, hematologist, nephrologist, etc. I had an incident of a pulmonary embolism, a blood clot in my lungs which made my heart and kidneys stressed and a few other things. I have now been tested and probed and sampled and evaluated in several different ways. I think I am all right for a 70 year old obese white male, and the tests are saying, so far, that I may live a few more years, at least long enough to finish working on this house.

I finished painting the living room, dining room (dog's room), and hallways. Carpet is ordered and will be installed in a couple of days. Yes, I went a little expensive for the carpet, but it will be the last carpet I install in that room, and I got the premium pad to go with it.

I painted the garage and most of the trim. I installed the corner trim and am waiting on friendly weather to get to the fascia. I will then do the decorative trim on the east side of the garage, which almost no one will ever notice but me and a couple of the neighbors.

After abovementioned family departs, I will be tearing out the tile in the entry and hallway, leveling out the floor and installing a wood plank floor. With luck, it should take one or two days for removal and aboutbthe same for installation. I may have to install an underlayment becasuse there might be just OSB down there. Just more dollars expended, more effort, but I will have a beautiful floor.

And I am starting to look a new vehicles again. The Astro keeps on making weird noises and my dashboard indicators light up at random. The local guy can't catch whatever is going on when it goes on, and everything runs okay for a while, but then the machine gets tempermental. I have looked at chevy and GMC vans online and even the Chevy Traverse. A couple of Suburbans have shown up that appear attractive, but with outrageously high mileage. But I will keep looking. I think this van will last a short while as it is.

So. Things are moving along well. I don't have a lot to complain about. And whatever I am complaining about is minor compared to the good stuff happening to me.

Now, if we can get donald out of the White House and in front of a firing squad, all will be better in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment