Yeah, I decided to sit at the computer and blog again after promising myself, although no one else ever sees these things, that I would make an entry at least once a month.
It is six months later.
I am in the new house. I have painted the breakfast area to be a lot more pleasant, the dogs have the "dining room" as their sleeping quarters, the third bedroom has been repainted and surround sound installed with the 4k tv on the wall. The electricity has been upgraded to a 200 amp panel, with a 70 amp service out to the garage and I have wired that in for outlets and lighting so it can be a workshop.
The problem with the garage as a workshop is the presence of flying, biting things in the summer and no heat in the winter. I will make it work somehow. There is also a problem with drainage, so torrentially rainy days are not days to be working in there. Hence, the surround sound in the spare bedroom.
My lovely ex-wife has been travelling and may, once again, be thinking of obtaining a place to settle into. She is paying over $600 a month, I am guessing, for her storage of her personal goods at Sunbelt Storage in Plano. She has, I think, four units full of her shit. My mortgage is less than $500. Her wants are not to be found in north Texas. She is looking for a condo or a shared lot place with no maintenance. Not a lot here.
On my side, I am still working at Home Depot in the electrical department. I have learned a bunch about electrical questions, and am finding out that "I don't know" is an acceptable answer. Most of what we do is pull stuff out of the overheads and fill shelves. I am getting tired of all that, but it pays for the home improvements. I am figuring on another two years of this shit and I should have this house fixed up how I want it. Then I can start using some of the money I have been putting away to add to my Social Security check.
Well, the aforementioned ex just called and wants me to meet with her so she can look at houses to possibly "flip". I told her if lunch was involved, okay. I should be in the garage hooking up more electricity and moving out cardboard that is soaking up the flooding. But I still feel obligated to her somewhat. So, I will go up to Denison and see what she wants me to see.
More later. Hopefully sooner than six months
No comments:
Post a Comment