Tuesday, April 3, 2018

A few quick, unimportant thoughts

I won something in the Texas lottery! Got 4 out of 6 so I win $44. Thanks be to whatever diety influences this.

Grandson, his parents and her in-laws get here in about an hour. See if you can figure that one out. Grandfather park wanted to see the Mormon temple at Easter on his 70th birthday. American airlines, SFO airport and US Customs made them late for the connecting flight, so he got to visit the Temple, but I think he missed the big shindig.

Did I mention my GRANDSON is coming?

House is getting empty. Most of my stuff is out, not a lot left. Kathy still has a shitload of stuff she can't figure out what to do with. She has four storage units packed with shit.

Everything seems to be progressing on the new house in Sherman. Got transfer to HD in Sherman set up. Loan and title checklists are being completed. Just gotta figure out how to get all my stuff up there as cheaply as possible. 2 sons and a UHaul gets most of  it.

Shopped at H Mart today to get some fresh Korean food for Kyla's father-in-law. Proud of myself that I found most of the stuff myself. Apparently Papa Park was missing hometown food. I hope this helps some.

We have some carpet in the house!  Thank you Home Depot and Cooper floors. The guys came in when scheduled, nailed in tack strip, set the pad and laid the carpet. one hour and a few minutes. Done. Gone. Beautiful!

Kathy is staying at various hotels while the smell of that new carpet is in the house. I get to adjust the thermostat as I want at night. Just getting in practice for when I am by myself. She just makes unscheduled entrances, chews me out for something, and leaves for her rented bed. Which is unusual for her. Sleeping in a bed, that is, because she usually sleeps on the couch instead of the $2500 bed she was so proud of. She invited me to the LaQuinta to stay with her, but I'd rather be with the dogs, they appreciate my company.

So now off  to the airport to meet and greet my counterparts from Korea. We will have no idea what the other is saying. Just smile and nod, I am told.

No comments:

Post a Comment