Oh yeah, two years later.
Finally getting around to posting on my as yet unread blog.
Except for me and one guy in Russia who wants to know how he can best influence the upcoming election.
Since the last post, my daughter and her son moved back to Korea. It was the sane thing for her to do, financially, psychically, and control of her own life wise. Maybe that makes sense. She met a guy on a dating website who fell in love with Marek ( the grandson) and then her. They are now civil service married. Right after the wedding, Barry got a notice of transfer to a city 2 hours south of the brand new apartment he worked so hard to procure. Negotiations are ongoing for a return to Osan from Jeonju.
Aaron, the sailor, is no longer a sailor; he is Aaron the student. After the Navy decided he was excess baggage, even in a critical field, he moved in with us for a year and decided to restart school at 42 years old. His initial effort was to obtain a Mechanical Engineering degree, possibly from UT Dallas. After the basic math classes, he took a drafting class and was forever hooked back into a drafting career track. There was both some frustration with the methodology of instruction and elation at the encouragement of his new advisor, who also happens to be director of the drafting and technical training section. For his sanity, he moved to a single apartment where he can work at any hour of the night and sleep all day if need be.
On the Monday after Thanksgiving, my wife of 45+ years decided it was time to sell the house and the only way I was going to do that was if she divorced me. She was right. Actually, she has been setting this relationship up for divorce for the last five or six years. And because I saw the clues long ago, I thought it best to let her be the lead on this one, because if she spent the money on the lawyer, she would feel she got the best deal and she could be more gracious to me and allow me a few victories in the who-gets-what discussion. I am making sure she gets most of the stuff, because I really don't need all the trappings in my life that her family always seems to need. The lawyer made us write out a list of the division, and after seeing a four page list, decided that it would just be an addendum to the filing.
She spent $5000 on the lawyer. I did some research online and found out a no-contest divorce in Texas can be had for as little as $75.
Her current goal is to travel around the great southwest and possibly South America and even Europe. My goal, on the other hand, has been to locate suitable living arrangements for me and the animals.
She wants to live in New Mexico, Espanola to be exact. Home of the Annual Low-Riders convention, low school completion rates, poverty on the reservation, and the WalMart closed because it was sagging into the old river bottom. I plan to live within easy driving distance to my grandkids. At least the ones in the States.
Oh yeah! As part of the wedding presents, Kyla gave Barry the results of her pregnancy test. He's gonna be a DADDY! Because of the distance, I may never see my newest descendant. I don't as yet know whether the youngest will be male or female, but I love it with all the love a grandfather can muster at a distance. Marek already has claimed a portion of my soul. I gave it willingly.
Enough for now. I gotta get up a 4 in the AM to get to work by 6. Yes, I am still working at the Home Depot, just part time. I will update, and maybe with pictures, at a later time.
No comments:
Post a Comment