My daughter has been in Korea teaching English to Korean children as well as helping some of her fellow teachers expand their knowledge of our very confusing language.
Because of circumstances, upon which we will elaborate later, she is coming back to Plano, Texas, to live and hopefully work. She left Incheon airport at 4:50 PM. She will arrive at DFW at about 3:30 PM, all on the 19th of July. Of course these are all local times, so stop trying to figure out if she is a Time Lord or something.
Her mother (my wife of 42+ years) has had me cleaning and moving stuff around for the last week or two. I had to take several pieces of furniture to our storage locker, and bring a couple of things back.
But I don't mind, because it's for my Daughter.
I also had to call USAA to re-add her to my insurance policy. She will be getting her own policy when she gets a job. Insurance companies make more money by issuing separate policies.
Her mother and I will be meeting her at Terminal D, International arrival gate. If she is hungry, we will stop for food. Otherwise, we will get her Home and she can get in bed and sleep. If it is like last time she came home, she will take about four days to realign her sleep schedule to Texas time.
I am sure she will, as she can, regale us with tales of the Far East and her adventures there. We have had the opportunity to Skype her and IM her on Facebook. At least, I have. Her mother is not very tech savvy and relies on Emails. She will also visit her brother and his wife and daughter. The daughter-in-law shares the teaching gene that is deeply embedded in this family.
I have been telling the dogs that she is coming home and they better be on their best behavior. The younger boxer has been trying sooo hard to sit still on command. But boxers are energy beings. They are full of it until after a two mile walk in 90 degree heat. But it takes them only an hour to recover and they are ready to do it again.
The next thing I do, after publishing this to the web, will be to go to Braum's. It is a dairy store in Oklahoma and North Texas. She has requested either Mint Chocolate Chip or Dulce de Leche ice cream. I hope they have both.
Then I will be directed to the back yard and be instructed to clean up after the aforementioned boxers. If the daughter wants to barefoot in the grass, we don't want any squishies between the toes.
Ahhh, the daughter is coming home. We leave for the airport in about two hours. I. Am. Excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment